Wednesday, March 05, 2008

USING THE POTTY!



Ethan loves using his new big boy potty! He went on his own for the first time last Friday, February 29th. Since then, he has become his own biggest fan! He runs to it and quickly plops down to go pee. He shouts, "mamaaaaaa...pee pee peeeeeeeeee". I come running in to see and we do the potty dance together. There are accidents now and then, but we are well on our way! I did not expect the emotional experience I would have seeing my little baby boy on the potty. He is no longer a little baby. It goes by all too fast!

A WAKEFUL BELLA


Little Isabella is also growing and changing! She is awake most of the day now....cooing, smiling and enjoying the sights around her. She loves staring up at Ethan when he puts his face next to her and calls out her name. We are so fortunate that she sleeps so well at night. She usually falls asleep around 8 or 9pm and wakes up once around 4am for a quick little meal before falling back to sleep until 7am.

Having a 2 month and a 2 year old is certainly keeping us on our toes. Never a dull moment! I am cherishing every bit of this time I have with them. Every day, each one does something new. Such as Ethan...saying, "bee, mama" = there's a bee outside, mama or "pee pee, pee peeeee" = I have to go potty NOW, or "boom boom, papa" = daddy is on the motorcyle. And Bella, crying out to be propped up so she can see what's going on. Then watching her face light up with a smile and hearing her coo at the colorful toys thrust in front of her by her big brother.

I wish I could capture and freeze all these moments forever. Instead, I will try to enjoy them as much as possible....even when I am feeling tugged in two different directions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home