Thursday, November 23, 2006





The date is the 23rd of November, 2006. Today is my late Grandpa Harris' birthday. He would have been 81 years old today. Grandapa Harris.....I wish I could have met you! Here is a photo of him at Miami beach in the 50's. Also, today is my very first Thanksgiving - but it is not a holiday in Chile, so ma and pa had to work a half day. What a strange mix of emotions for them.

The big surprise was when they arrived home, and had a Christmas tree. Whoa........It is amazing and so fun to stare at. My first Christmas tree, as last year in Paraguay we had no tree, and I was so little, it was pointless.

Oh yeah - according to my folks it is a bit weird when Thanksgiving occurs in the summer in the Southern Hemisphere - it is sunny and hot today, about 80 degrees!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home