Just when I thought we were going to say put for awhile; Ma and Pa started to pack the car, and we were off to Mendoza, Argentina to enjoy the last few days of our summer break. Ma and Pa start back to work in the morning - time went too fast!
Our fist stop was at Portillo Ski resort, Chile's finest skiing, and about 1.5 hours from our house and up into the Andes. Being at over 9,000 feet, it was a bit hard to walk around in that thin air.

Portillo Ski Resort
The area was really gorgeous, and I really enjoyed looking at the bright blue sky (a bit different from the smog in Santiago) and the pretty lake. Maybe this coming July we will come up for a week of skiing - it gets lots of dry Andes powder.

Enjoying the air with Ma

The base of the resort is at an elevation of 9,040 feet as Pa shows on his watch;)

The air was so thin, I demanded that Pa walk me back to the car.
Our fist stop was at Portillo Ski resort, Chile's finest skiing, and about 1.5 hours from our house and up into the Andes. Being at over 9,000 feet, it was a bit hard to walk around in that thin air.

Portillo Ski Resort
The area was really gorgeous, and I really enjoyed looking at the bright blue sky (a bit different from the smog in Santiago) and the pretty lake. Maybe this coming July we will come up for a week of skiing - it gets lots of dry Andes powder.

Enjoying the air with Ma

The base of the resort is at an elevation of 9,040 feet as Pa shows on his watch;)

The air was so thin, I demanded that Pa walk me back to the car.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home